Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

KD Emerson - WOW Wednesday & Special Birthday Wish


Yes, it's that time again and I have an extra special treat for you today on WOW Wednesday. I'm spotlighting author K.D. Emerson. Not only is she a fantastic YA author, she is my publisher. The woman who took a chance on my debut short story, and trilogy.

We'll chat with her and get a closer look at her book, Digitus 233, soon. First I'd like to share that today is her birthday!


Happy Birthday, K.D.!
I love your sweet heart. A heart that speaks softly, and with gentle love to all. Your kindness is like an Artesian well - there seems no end to the flow. May God continue to bless your life in ways you could never dream of, and may you continue to grown in His love.






Today is your day to dance lightly with life,
sing wild songs of adventure,
invite rainbows and butterflies out to play,
soar your spirit, and unfurl your joy.
~Jonathan Lockwood Huie






~~~
Would you like to know more about the woman behind the book? She's fascinating, to be sure.

I first met K.D. Emerson on Facebook. She and I had mutual friends, which led to my 'friending' her. I have to be honest, she surprised me. The one thing that stood out in my mind about her was the consistency of her sincerity, because one seldom runs across people who are sincere in all their dealings with others - every day of their life.

Since that time I have discovered that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to K.D. Emerson. Today, just for fun I would like to expose some of the weird and wacky things I discovered about her. I am posting this pop quiz to see if any of you can guess the three things on this list that K.D. Emerson has NOT done in her life. I’m sure you will agree the things left on the list equal a pretty interesting life.

Here is a list of possible facts about K.D. Emerson. What three things are false?
  1. Ridden a wild horse 
  2. Ridden an unicycle 
  3. Worked at a bank 
  4. Worked at a carnival 
  5. Got expelled from school a week before high school graduation 
  6. Never got expelled from school 
  7. Sold her first story at age eight 
  8. Was in a moving traffic accident with a truck that had no driver 
  9. Won a dance contest in high school 
  10. Lived at the top of a mountain with a pack of wolves 
  11. Her first published work was three lines long 
  12. Received a 5 star review from her ex-husband after they were divorced 
  13. Loves cotton candy 
  14. Acted in and directed live theatre 
  15. Tore the finger board off a grand piano while performing on stage 

We asked K.D. Emerson if she could go back in time to when she was seven years old, what wisdom or advice would she pass on to herself?

Don’t you dare put that pen down! No matter what anyone says, no matter how impractical it might seem, don’t put the pen down because when you get older there will be people that love your style and your writing will make a difference in their lives.

What is your favorite genre to read on a rainy day?
No matter the weather or the genre, three important aspects must be present. 1. It can be a romance, thriller, fantasy or sci-fi, but the author has to make me believe it’s possible. 2. The plot must be intriguing and tightly written. And 3. The characters have to be three-dimensional. No card-board cut-outs for this girl.

What brings you the deepest sense of happiness?
Knowing that I have made a difference in someone’s life. I have an ability to feel deep joy when I watch others succeed.

What is the meaning of life?
To leave the earth a better place for having been here

While we've got you cornered here, we'd like to hear more about the book. 
From the horse's mouth, so to speak. 


What is a short synopsis for Digitus 233?
A group of teens are caught in a web of deceit. Will they break free of the world’s controlling power or are they doomed to die trying?

One thing I have been dying to ask, why did you end Digitus 233 with such a horrifying cliff hanger? It made me want to scream! I sat and thought about possibilities for a long time after finishing the novel.
Well, you just hit the answer to your own question right on the head. I wanted my readers to scream out and then I wanted them to use their own imagination to come up with their own possible ending. In book two I will share my conclusion with them and then we can compare how close we came in to having the same resolution.

My favorite character from Digitus 233 is ______. How did you come up with that character?
All my characters are created from the dark corners of my mind with a little snippet of their personality inspired by a real person. So no matter whom your favorite character is in one of my books you will know there is someone real hidden in there somewhere. It’s up to the reader to figure out what that snippet is.

We'll untie and turn you loose after this one, Miss Emerson. Then, you can get back to work on the second book. We are all dying to find out what is happening to the teens.


You are the owner of Master Koda Select Publishing, LLC. Is it the first business you have ever owned?
*Laughter* Nooo. I was just a kid of six or seven when I first ventured into the land of entrepreneurial adventures. I was always hunting around for something to sell. One summer it was candy out of the back of a little red wagon (my venture into door to door sales), one summer it was a carnival in my back yard, one summer I gathered all the neighborhood kids and made them memorize lines and dress in ridiculous costumes and we charged all the adults to suffer through our off-off-off-Broadway plays. The one on-going business I had was selling my stories on the playground at school, so I guess I was an indie publisher way back before it was popular.
~~~


Now that we've let Miss Emerson go, we'll have a look at what readers think about Digitus 233

Although, it is a YA novel, I've read Digitus 233 and found it engaging, enlightening and thought provoking. It's filled with adventures, and fast-paced enough to draw in and hold the attention of the video game crowd. The good news is, this is only the first novel in Miss Emerson's Digitus Series. Oh yes, there are more coming. I, for one, can't wait to see what Zeph and the rest of them get up to in the next installment. ~Me
Available at Amazon

~What Readers are saying ~
  • This book has a fascinating storyline and great characters with hidden talents. When I got to the end, I kept trying to flip to the next page before I realized it was a cliffhanger. No! I MUST know what happens next! ~ Laurie Boris 
  • Looking for fantastic characters and a breath-holding, heart-pounding, hair-raising edge of your seat good time? Then look no further, Digitus 233 has it all ~ Maria 
  • This knocked The Hunger Games right out of the running for me (and that's one of my favorites!) ~ Dominique 
  • This sort of tale-spinning takes TALENT! All I've gotta say is this: KD - you'd better get the sequel written pretty darn quickly...!! ~ Liberty 
  • Digitus 233 is an excellent example of an author whose characters look and sound real, and whose behaviour - while not always exemplary - rings true to me ~ Lynette 
  • If you're a teacher, this is a book that is sure to capture the interest of your entire class! If you're a parent with a reluctant reader, I'd definitely suggest downloading this book to get him/her interested in reading! ~ Anne 
~~~


Author Bio and links:

K.D. Emerson loves writing thought provoking and action filled stories that bring her readers back for more.

Although her writings deal with the evils of the world, she dishes out healthy doses of laughter and fun along the way.

K.D. spends her free time wrangling wild horses, rafting down the Amazon, hang gliding on a toothpick and when she's awake you will find her working on her next adventure or assisting other authors in creating their dreams.








Before she ran out of here earlier, K.D. Emerson wanted to say a little something to her readers.

K.D. Emerson has this to say to her readers.
Thanks to all the readers of my work and for your precious input. I don’t think you realize how much it means to me. Each one of you has given me a gift with your kind words. May God bless you in every step you take and may your life be filled with that glorious peace that passes all understanding.

Would you like to connect with K.D. Emerson? It's as easy as clicking on any of the links below. She's always happy to make new friends.


~~~


I hope you've enjoyed our visit with K.D. Emerson. I know I've talked her up a bit here, but every word is true. She is an amazing woman. Don't take my word for it, go ahead and connect with her on social media and find out for yourself.

Thanks for visiting the desk today.


.



3 comments:

  1. Great job ladies!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! What a fun page you made for our lovely birthday girl!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend! Thank you so much for this wonderful blog post. You touch me to my core and I am grateful you are part of my life!

    ReplyDelete