Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Author Spotlight – Kymber Lee


I'm thrilled to have author and friend, Kymber Lee, at the desk today. She is a most lovely lady whom I became acquainted with in a writing group on Facebook some time ago. 'Treasured Love', is her first published novel which has been followed by 'Lord Tristan's True Love'. Her writing pulls you into the story and holds your attention throughout. Treasured Love is a Regency romance tame enough for your grandmother yet, exciting enough for anyone else who loves historical fiction.


Treasured Love – A treasure trove of words for lovers of Regency Romance



Do you long for days gone by? If you're a Jane Austen fan who loves to lose yourself in the Regency era, you'll most certainly love the feel of Kymber Lee's novel, Treasured Love. 

Announced in the London Times on the day of her engagement, a grand ball brings a headstrong, naïve and inexperienced Caroline Whittingham into close contact with the gentry of her time. In a move that stuns everyone in the room, a willful Caroline enters the room attired in a most inappropriate gown. Attendees promptly give her the cold shoulder by collectively turning their backs to her. Lord Darlington merely comes to her side and forces her to dance the waltz with him - acting for all the world as if nothing is amiss.




I so enjoy getting to know authors whom I admire. Kymber Lee is one such author. 
A peek into her childhood is a fun way to get to know her, don't you think?


Tell us a story, Kymber Lee! What is one of your favorite childhood memories?

My grandparents owned a cabin in Colorado and they would take me and my little sister with them for a week every summer. We’d go and Mom and I would clean the inside of the cabin while Dad and my sister would mow the yard and get the well house to pump water.

Once the cabin was in order, we’d all go to the lake a quarter mile away and my sister and granddad would fish while Mom and I sat in the shade with a book in our hands, potato chips between us and a cold can of soda.

The catch was usually catfish which my grandmother would then take back to the cabin, toss into a cast iron skillet full of Crisco lard and fry them whole until the eyes popped out, indicating they were done. She would then toss frozen okra into the skillet or potatoes she and I had cut up with some onion tossed in.

The entire meal would make me gaggy because the bones were still in the fish, the poor catfish would stare at the person trying to eat it and it was overall just, well, nasty. After a few days of this Mom started noticing that I wasn’t eating and Rags, the dog, was getting my meals. She smiled at me but didn’t scold or say a word.

The next morning we drove to the little gas station at the edge of the mountains. My sister and I thought we were getting gas for the car or maybe some ice but Mom simply went inside. We followed her. She was standing in the tiny little isle where a few canned goods were kept.

“Honey, what would you eat?” she asked me. I looked around the little store for the least expensive things I could find and finally chose to get some Ranch style beans and flour tortillas.

She paid for them, threw a few candy bars into the mix and headed back to the car. Mom’s cool like that. She didn’t make a big deal of it or tell my mother who would have punished me for causing extra expense and trouble.

That night as I ate my bean burrito while everyone else had catfish Mom walked past my chair on her way for seconds, patted my arm and gave me a huge hug.

Unconditional love and a never ending liking for bean burritos. I doubt if Mom understood how much her small actions meant to a young gangly girl in desperate need of acceptance.


Now we get to see Kymber Lee's lovely face. 
Her beauty radiates for all to see. Simply lovely inside and out.


Lee is a Christian historical romance novelist. Her first published novel, Treasured Love, is available in audio or paperback. Lord Tristan's True Love, is now available on Kindle and will be offered in paperback in 2013.
Lee also has a conspiracy novel, Fateful Night; A What She Knew Trilogy by K R Hughes and T L Burns, a mystery conspiracy novel with a twist. Marilyn Monroe is saved and it's a race against time to see if "What She Knew" can save JFK from that fateful bullet. Fateful Night is now available on Kindle, Darkest Day is due out in the late summer of 2013 and the final book will be released this fall.

Lee is a native Texan. She enjoys mentoring beginning writers to editing advanced writing. She has an English degree with a minor in Journalism from West Texas University.

Lee currently lives in Atlanta, GA and owns a production company with her co-author, T L Burns. 
They are currently working on the sequel to the Marilyn Monroe novel to be released in the winter of 2013.

§

Interested in connecting with Kymber-Lee? Follow the links below.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kymber-Lee-author

http://authorkymberlee.wordpress.com/

https://twitter.com/KymberLeeAuthor 


Here is the link for the kindle version of 'Treasured Love':

US: http://www.amazon.com/Treasured-Love-ebook/dp/B0091JEZEI/


Here are links to 'Lord Tristan's True Love':

US: http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Tristans-True-Love-ebook/dp/B00A6J6DVA/

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Tristans-True-Love-ebook/dp/B00A6J6DVA/


~~~

It's been wonderful having you here today.

Thank you for sharing a memory and your wonderful book with us Kymber Lee.

§



.

No comments:

Post a Comment