Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Dinner & Rest


Today's recipe is a simple chicken finger recipe I created for my dad. He loves fried chicken from the deli but cannot have salt at all, per doctor's orders. He was missing his regular chicken stops when he went to town so, I mixed up some spices finally settling on this recipe for him. My mother
enjoys spicy chicken so, I added the cayenne for her. This fried chicken is not what you may call 'healthy' because of the oil it is fried in but you could season and then bake the chicken after rolling it in some bread crumbs and crushed corn flakes.

The ingredients can also be adjusted to taste. This is the list that seems to garner the most MmMmMm's (very chef-like word) from my family.

INGREDIENTS:
4 Large Chicken Breasts; bones & skin removed
2 1/2 Tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder
2 Cups milk
2 Large eggs (or 3 medium)
3 Cups flour
4 Cups cooking oil (for FryDaddy®)
2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy seasoning
1 1/2 Teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Fiesta Lime seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Southwest Chipotle seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder

I have also used only the Mrs. Dash® Fiesta Lime and Southwest Chipotle seasonings along with powdered cayenne pepper and garlic. Like I said, it really depends on taste. My main goal with this recipe was to make tasty fried chicken fingers that my mom and dad could enjoy. The full recipe with photographs is here.


I will be editing again today so, there is little rest for me on this Sunday. I hope you all have a blessed day of rest and are able to spend it with family.


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment