I'm happy to share a great author, editor, publisher, marketing genius and friend with you all here at the desk today. It's my pleasure to introduce you to K.D. Emerson and the first book in the Digitus Series, "Digitus 233". I'm personally not a reader of YA books but when I read Digitus 233 by K.D. Emerson, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it and looked forward to the second in the series.
Ms. Emerson is not only a wonderful author, she is a source of strength and sounding board for friends and the authors she supports. These authors not only include the ones signed to her publishing house, Master Koda Select Publishing, but also that brave new species known as indie authors. Her undying support is well known among her friends. The happy & go-getted-ness (like that?) just falls off of her and those around her can't help but to be infected, in the best of ways, of course.
What's the book about?
Here's a tidbit to whet your appetite.
When Zeph, the adventurous son of a millionaire hid in the cargo hold of the Learjet carrying his brother Zander to camp he had no idea there was anything dark or ominous going on. That was until he watched Zander ejected from the plane onto a barren arctic island and Zeph, trapped in the cargo hold, found himself headed for South America. Will he be able to expose the truth behind Digitus, the world’s dominant corporation or will they succeed in their sinister plan to control his brother and destroy the world?
Deep within the dark abyss of his mind, Zander tried to shout, but no sound escaped. It felt as though a heavy mallet beat against his skull. Pushing the pain to the back of his mind, he forced himself to focus and slithered through the murk toward a pinpoint of light. Gulping for air, he burst through the blackness and forced his eyes open. A scream escaped before he could stop himself. Inches away, a face; a set of open blue eyes stared at him. Was it a dead body? He struggled with his arms and legs, unexpectedly unable to force them to move. He was tied up in some kind of silky material! The eyes in front of him blinked. This time he caught the scream half way up and swallowed it. He had to get control of himself.
Can't wait? You can purchase a copy here:
You'll find many great reviews for Digitus 233. Below are a few samples from readers who took the time to share their thoughts about the book. So you know I'm not just blowing smoke, my own review is listed first.
- Digitus 233, the debut novel by K. D. Emerson, is well written and engaging. The story rounds the bend (more than once) when least expected taking the reader to surprising and astonishing places. I enjoyed peeking into the lives of these brilliant teens. Though they are 'chosen', they are still teens with the full range of emotion that entails. The plot is layered in such a way that I eagerly turned the pages to find out which character was facing the unimaginable and how they would accomplish the seemingly impossible task before them. There is strength and resilience in these characters that one has to admire. The reader will cheer them on with each new barrier placed in their paths. I found the hunger for power at any cost unsettling & realistic - the mind manipulation of the unknowing intriguing. Even though evil appears to be on the verge of triumph with no foreseeable way out, hope reigns supreme throughout the story. The plot and characters left me eager for more from this author. I look forward to K. D. Emerson's future works.
- This is the most exciting book I have read in years! If you want to read a book that makes your pulse run faster, cause your hair to raise on your arms, hold your breath, make your heart pump faster, get sea sick without being at sea, feel frozen though you are warm, and keep you on the edge all the time this is definitely the book for you.
- OMG what a ride!!
- Digitus 233 tells a story, but it isn't that simple. This is one deep story that will have you guessing and gasping at every turn. You'll want to wear your literary seat belt for this one. In this dystopian young adult thriller Emerson shines light on power, control, and life in general, all wound into one breathtaking story. The author allows you to get inside the heads of not only one main character, but of all of them, which allows for so much breadth and life.
- I will have to say this book was a fast action read that was thrilling to the very end. Not only do you become involved in the lives of the characters, you also are very involved with the plot. The different conspiracies will leave you guessing quite a few times.
- Engaging, imaginative and a great read for adults and teens. Now, there are not many books you can say that about! I give it 5 stars and have to say K.D. Emerson delivers a exceptional read.
- This is a fast-paced, hold-on-to-the-edge-of-your-seat, heart-thumping thriller. It captivated my attention from the first page and wouldn't let go until I finished it in one sitting. WOW! An amazing ride. Can't wait for the next book in this series. Well-written and highly recommended.
- This is a book I've been waiting for a long time! A perfect adventure without violence or sex. Something that suits both girls and boys and yet is a great read for adults too. Personally that `for boys' part makes me especially happy as I've really had a hard time figuring out what to recommend for teen and young adult boys but not anymore. So if you are Teen/YA reader, have sons, nephews, grandsons... don't waste time pondering what to read next.
K.D. Emerson was born several years ago. We won’t go into how long it has been because she has this fantasy that she is still a teenager off to conquer the world. Her first novel was written in pencil, stapled together and placed in the school library. At age 6, she didn’t have a clue an author needed a publisher. She has a passion for the written word and assisting other writers in becoming the best they can be. She also loves to promote others and cheer them on to victory.
K.D. Emerson loves to hear from her readers. She also likes new friends. You'll find it easy to connect with her at the sites listed below.
Website for the Digitus Series:
US: http://amzn.to/12JsPkx and
Amazon Author Page: